Monday, September 29, 2008

moving to nantes

i feel incredibly lucky to be here....nantes is an amazing city - not too big or too small, mixture of old and new buildings, beautiful castle right in the middle of town, gorgeous churches, tons of cute places to eat, drink, shop, etc, and great public transportation. i'm 5 stops away from downtown on the train and the stop is a three minute walk from the apartment.....THE APARTMENT! i feel equally lucky to have gotten such a great place to stay - my roommate (whom i've not yet met) is away 2 weeks per month (!) so right now i'm there by myself. the couple from whom i'm renting live downstairs (i have a seperate entrance) and they are super nice! i had hardly been there five minutes before they were serving me coffee, showing me to the nearest market and carrying my bags upstairs!! check it out....


kitchen
my room


the view from my window
toilet
bathroom (note the bidet so i can wash my butt!)
there's an enclosed garden behind the building complete with gorgeous flowers and 2 turtles!
i hope to have pics of it up soon....right now though, i'm off to meet another of the foreign assistants to wander around and learn the city better.....more tomorrow!


No comments: